Thursday, August 28, 2014

A New Season

Melbourne Spring Fashion Week starts this Saturday and runs until 7 September - I remember when this event was first created!  And unlike the Melbourne Fashion Festival that is aimed more at buyers (and which also came into fruition during my time at fashion PR agency AMPR, who handled PR for the first ever Festival), Melbourne Spring Fashion Week is more consumer-friendly.  It's great to see a number of fashion bloggers also involved with Melbourne Spring Fashion Week including Lady Melbourne and Esme and the Laneway.  If you're into street fashion, we also have our own version of The Sartorialist in Street Smith - a fashion blog featuring Melbourne street fashion which is worth checking out.
Image via www.ticketmaster.com.au
Spring must be in the air because I have started sneezing and my nose has started running - the joys of developing hay fever as an adult.  With this in mind, you may or may not want to attend the annual Hurstbridge Wattle Festival which is being held this Sunday 31 August and the last official day of Winter!  One of the nicest things is being able to hear the steam train from where I live - a sound you don't often hear in the 'burbs.
Image via wattlefestival.org.au
As for me, given the weekend is looking pretty beautiful for Melbourne, Mr Rosanna and I will probably be tackling our garden and spending some time outdoors.  Whatever you're getting up to, have fun and I hope you get to spend some time in the sun.

PS.  Some late breaking news - nearly forgot but the Eaglemont Village Spring Fair is also on being held this Saturday 30 August from 11 am - 4 pm.  Entry is free - I might see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment