Thursday, July 17, 2014

Lighting the dark

I can't say I'm finding the weather terribly inspiring today and have been holed up at Chez Rosanna trying to work with a sick child.  It is nice to have some design inspiration during the depths of winter and I just wanted to share some of my more recent discoveries with you.
My best friends know me well and for my recent birthday, I was given some handmade soaps, some Aurora Spa Rituals body products as well as a beautiful Cote Noire ecoluxe candle from my friend Mel (who picked it up locally from a shop in St Helena).  While I usually buy Ecoya candles as gifts for friends and family, it was a nice reminder of Bastille Day which was earlier this week and the packaging is quite beautiful.  My candle is now taking pride of place on my chest of drawers.
Image via Nicole Fendel website
I also discovered another local jewellery label Nicole Fendel over the break - in particular her Ally Petal earrings with the word 'love' etched into them.  Those of you in the know may have already heard about Nicole Fendel - her jewellery often features in the show 'Offspring' and I do love the whole boho vibe behind it.  Note to all the male readers of this blog - her jewellery would make a nice present for female partners!

Australian textile designer Nicola Cerini also launches her Interiors business of wallpapers, rugs and furnishing fabrics this week and while her bags and other textiles are well known here in Australia, it's nice to see her branching out.

And speaking of design, the Melbourne Design Market is being held underground at the Federation Square car park this Sunday while on Saturday Montsalvat launches its After Dark Supper Series - this one being Film Noir.

No comments:

Post a Comment