Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Keep on truckin'

Well she's a windy old day and I must say, I'm looking forward to the end of winter.  Before that happens, there are still a number of events on to keep us all warm and entertained!  It's lucky I do boot camp as I think I've been eating my way through winter.  They say summer bodies are made in winter so I've been trying to keep that in mind as I brave the cold and grit my teeth outside when we're asked to do endless amounts of squats, push ups, sprints etc.
Image via Village Cinemas website
Speaking of food, the Coburg Drive In is holding the first of its monthly Food Truck Festival nights tomorrow night from 5.30pm with the latest releases being shown and food from Mr Burger and Señor BBQ on offer.  It sounds like a great way to spend a hump day (or night!).  Further afield, the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie starts its Hot Chocolate Festival on 1 August where you can try 31 different hot chocolate flavours (using Belgian couverture chocolate) over the course of the month with special tastings at 10am and 2 pm daily at a cost of $8 each.  Bookings are essential.
Image via Craft Victoria website
Also starting on 1 August is Craft Cubed 2014: The Art of Handmade by Craft Victoria.  There are a number of events at Fed Square as well as bigger and smaller venues across Melbourne and regional Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment