Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sun standing still

I spoke at last night's Red Shoes Network event on Social Media and Branding and I'm pleased to say it was a great night - if a little further out in Greensborough.  There were a lot of new faces and a more diverse crowd so it was great to meet some new businesswomen and also have the opportunity to talk about blogging!  I did want to send a special thank you to some local businesswomen and artist friends who came to see me speak last night including Catherine Lucas, Nikki Ellis, Leanne Cole and Teresa Bennett.  It was lovely to look out into the audience and see some familiar smiling faces in the crowd!  And it has given me a taste for presenting in person at future events - we'll see what happens.
Image via Gertrude Street Projection Festival
It's Winter Solstice this Saturday and locally, the Ivanhoe Makers Market is on while out at Montsalvat in Eltham, they'll be holding their annual Winter Solstice Celebration.  You can also venture into the city for The Light in Winter Solstice Celebration at Fed Square.

Speaking of light, I also wanted to mention the upcoming Gertrude Street Projection Festival in Fitzroy being held from 6 pm - midnight every night from 18 - 27 July as well as the Leaps and Bounds Music Festival in Yarra City which kicks off on my birthday 4 July and runs until 20 July.  Lots to keep us all busy and warm as the longest night and shortest day hits!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the night, in particular your part in it. I know you spoke at a introductory level, and while I don't need technical information, I thoroughly appreciated your words on how to regard social media and hints of when and how much. A great blend of personal anecdotes with useful information for all. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Teresa - means a lot to me and to have you all there in the flesh. Remember to send me some updated info on your studio residency! I will also try to visit if I get a chance after the holidays. Cx

    ReplyDelete