Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Namaste

I hope you had a great long weekend.  Aside from one crazy afternoon battling the crowds at the sales at Westfield Doncaster, I had a pretty cruisy few days spent sleeping in, baking and even managing a yoga class with my bestie Jules over on the other side of town.  Yes, given almost all of my uni friends live south of the Yarra, I find myself venturing there every so often.  My girlfriend Nicole Hills (Nik) is a yoga teacher who has previously taught at St Kilda Iyengar Yoga School and currently at Yogaha in Ripponlea - a gorgeous little yoga studio that also offers massage and meditation courses.
Image via www.yogaha.com.au
Speaking of yoga, I was lucky enough to meet Pamela Speldewinde from Action School of Yoga in Collingwood a couple of weeks ago as our children are in the same class at school.  Pamela is running private classes until the end of June at the Smith Street centre and will then be relocating to another venue to focus on her private classes if you are interested in working one on one with her.  Contact Pamela on 0425730396 or email: mail@actionyoga.com for more information.  I have long loved Iyengar Yoga and as the founder, Mr BKS Iyengar has said, "Once the flame of yoga has been lit, it can never be extinguished."  I hope it is something I continue to practise well into my twilight years.
Combi Coffee cafe counter
After our yoga class, Jules and I dropped into Combi Coffee Cafe in Elwood - part of my client Avant Card's venue network and one of the many cafes I write reviews on for Avant Card.  Combi Coffee's coffee van has provided music festival goers over the years with their caffeine fix and this groovy hole in the wall-type cafe (it's long and narrow) serves fair-trade certified organic coffee, organic juices, raw organic super food smoothies, super bowls and other raw and organic tasty treats. Jules and I managed to grab some seats at the end of the communal table and realised the two girls sitting right next to us were Helena and Vikki - the two Greek twin sisters from Channel 7's My Kitchen Rules - it was great to know we were in good food company!

No comments:

Post a Comment