Friday, June 20, 2014

Local Profile - Giampaolo Zanol

I've long thought the shopping village near Darebin Station could do with some modernisation (that whole area is underdeveloped) so my curiosity was piqued when I noticed a new business going into the home of the former Ivanhoe Cycles shop at 1075 Heidelberg Road in Ivanhoe.  The fit out was so stylish that at first I thought a new restaurant was going in but on driving past, I realised it was another bike shop, but one with a difference.  Aaah the Italians - they are the masters of design with Dolomiti Electric Bikes now open for business!  And one of the founders is Giampaolo Zanol - read on for more.
Giampaolo Zanol in Turkey  
Name: Giampaolo (John) Zanol
Occupation: Partner@Dolomiti Electric Bikes
Works: Works in Ivanhoe
How long have you worked here?: 3 years
Describe yourself/what you do:
Born in Trento, Italy 1980.  Then moved to Australia at a young age with family.  After my studies, I moved to Europe to pursue a professional golf career, representing Italy and Australia throughout Europe, Asia and the United States.  Exposure to European innovations and lifestyle inspired me to introduce electric bikes to the Australian market at a professional wholesale and retail level,  Together with my mother, father and sister we founded Dolomiti (named after the mountain range surrounding our place of birth) in Carlton three years ago.  I'm responsible for sales and operations at Dolomiti retail and wholesale.  I look forward to meeting you for a coffee in our lounge!

Best thing about living/working in Melbourne's northeast:
Living in North Fitzroy and working in Ivanhoe is fantastic.  Best things are proximity to cycling tracks, inner north restaurants/bars and the relaxed culture.

For more information:
www.dolomiti.net.au
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DolomitiAustralia

No comments:

Post a Comment