Monday, June 16, 2014

A Gatsby Affair

Yet again I found myself on the other side of town this weekend, this time at the incredibly stylish and intimate space upstairs at the Back Bar - Gold Lounge in Green Street, Windsor just off Chapel Street for my friend Georgia's 'Great Gatsby' themed birthday party.  And what a cool venue it was with its pressed metal ceilings, beautiful light shades and even a stuffed Scottish longhorn cow's head on display.  I am lucky to have both current and past work colleagues whom I have remained friends with beyond our jobs and Georgia is one of these.  She's also one of those ridiculously fit, high achieving friends of mine who has previously run a number of half marathons, cycled Around the Bay in a Day, competed in Tough Mudder and is in the middle of doing an MBA - all with young children.  Yes, setting the bar high there!
The birthday girl and me
Anyway, Mr Rosanna and I had a pretty ace night out in a crowd of people all dressed up in 1930s gear including some very dapper looking men in tuxedos - something we don't take for granted these days but something all the more difficult to recover from when you've got to get up in the morning and take children to weekly sporting activities.  I miss those days of sleeping in...
Inside the Back Bar upstairs
There are a number of arts and culture events on leading up to the Winter Solstice this Saturday and I'll be back later this week with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment