Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Choose your own adventure

Is it really already Wednesday?  I can't believe it.  I had grand plans of posting a lot more regularly this year but have got off to a busy start with new work coming my way and having to say no to some potential new clients just because I am a one woman show.

I also set myself a couple of goals this year rather than resolutions, one was to do a fun run of some kind and the other was to put myself forward for some public speaking opportunities.  Yes, while the writer in me is sometimes happy to hide behind my blog, the PR consultant in me thinks I need to push myself a bit this year and get out from behind my desk!  There are some things in the pipeline so I will reveal more closer to the time.
Image via www.banyuleyouth.com
We are well into festival season and both the True North Festival (which includes the Darebin Community & Kite Festival and Banyule Festival (which includes Twilight Sounds and the Kids Arty Farty Fest) are on this coming weekend.  This year's headline act at Twilight Sounds is Clare Bowditch although my kids may be in bed by the time she comes on stage.  PBS FM are also doing a live broadcast - I'm a big fan of both their Northern Soul and Tomorrowland programs.
Image via www.vamff.com.au
Speaking of festivals, I've been invited to the Melbourne Fashion Festival Marketing Breakfast at The Sofitel this Friday courtesy of my client Avant Card which should be interesting as it's on experiential marketing campaigns.  I sometimes think my old employer Aveda was way ahead of the game on that front from many years ago.  Personal trainer Nikki Ellis is also going to put me through my paces with a complimentary training session so I will let you know how I go - I'm a bit scared!
Image via www.banyuleyouth.com
And finally speaking of Twilight, the Olympic Village Makers Market is holding a special Harmony Day twilight market this Friday night while Boroondara Park Primary School is holding The Mad Hatters March Fair on Saturday from 1 - 8pm.  Wristbands will be available for purchase for $40 on the day and apparently, a little birdy has told me there are going to be fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment