Friday, February 28, 2014

Local Profile - Nikki Ellis

It's great to know we have our own version of Michelle Bridges in Rosanna with personal trainer Nikki Ellis.  She is one of those incredibly talented people who juggle a multitude of different roles and I can attest to her amazing physique having met her in person - all the more inspiring given she is also a parent.  Did I mention she's stylish and creative as well?  Read on for more about the lovely Nikki or 'Cinchy' as she's known to her clients.
Name: Nikki Ellis
Occupation: Personal Trainer
Lives/Works: Rosanna
How long have you lived/worked here? I have lived in Rosanna for 7 years and worked here for 3 1/2 years.
Describe what you do:
I run a small boutique personal training business from my home, along with my wonderful colleague Lauren Borschmann.  We work primarily with women - and particularly women a lot like us!  Busy, working mums who are time poor but want to feel and look fit and healthy and feel better in themselves.  Lauren and I both have degrees is human movement so also tend to get a lot of physiotherapist referrals and work with women who want to train, but may have pelvic floor issues that have prevented them doing so in the past.

I also work at Victoria University as a lecturer in the College of Exercise and Sport Science, I do corporate speaking on health and fitness issues, and I am an independent distributor for Xango.

Best thing(s) about living/working in Melbourne's north-east:
I love Rosanna!  I grew up in Auckland and then spent many years in Melbourne's West.  I enjoy Rosanna Parklands, the ease of getting around, the fact that we are still only a short train trip to the city.  Most importantly though, because my business is home-based and I now train most of my neighbours (!) I love the sense of community we have here.

For more information:
facebook: cinchpt nikki ellis
Twitter: cinchpt
Instagram: cinchot
M: 0406 261 171  

2 comments: