Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hot to Trot

Aah well another Melbourne Cup over as Spring Racing week continues.  While I'm not a huge fan of gambling or drinking, I do love hearing about the fashion, the food and the horses themselves.  I did really love the 2013 Fashions on the Field winner Chloe Moo whose whole outfit was made by hand in the northern territory.  Very classy and just beautiful - it also helps when you're only 19 years old!  I thought she looked stunning.  I love that bright colours like red and fuchsia pink were also so popular this year.
Image via www.abc.net.au
And for an outfit with an edge, it was the Peter Pilotto dress and Nerida Winter hat worn by international model Coco Rocha.  Peter Pilotto is a half Austrian/half Italian womenswear designer who studied at Antwerp's Royal Academy of Fine Arts while Nerida Winter is a high profile and long established Australian milliner based in Sydney.  And while Rocha's outfit is not something I would ever wear I think she's definitely got the 'It girl' looks, the budget and also what the French call 'insouciance' to carry off such an outfit.  A little bit different and a whole lot of cool.   It was also refreshing to see something a bit more covered up (hello celebrities of Australia?) and a short hairstyle which resembled a more stylish 'up' do.
Image via www.abc.net.au

No comments:

Post a Comment