Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Christmas is coming

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?  I've tried to be more organised this year and have been taking the opportunity to buy presents when I've been out and about or seen things I've liked for particular people in my life.
Image via The Dharma Door blog
If you're going online, there are some lovely things for home from The Dharma Door,  Blue Caravan and Biome, sustainable fashion at Indigo Bazaar and I have also fallen in love with the seedling range of gold and silver earrings currently available from Elk Accessories.

I will be buying my Christmas cards this year from Earth Greetings but also wanted to mention that local printmaker Rona Green is holding a Christmas card making workshop from 10.30 am - 3.30 pm at her studio at the Abbotsford Convent this coming weekend.  The cost including all materials is $195 and places are still available.  You can email Rona at rona@rona.green.com if you would like to attend and the workshop caters to all levels of experience.
Studio image via Rona Green
Handmade presents and food also make for very personal and individual Christmas gifts - my friend Emma at Frog, Goose and Bear has some fantastic do-it-yourself ideas for any of you crafty cats out there.

We support World Vision Australia as a family but given the recent tragedy in Haiyan, you may like to consider a donation to Unicef Australia.  And Oxfam also does a great range of gifts for those of you with a social conscience and who are into more conscious consumerism.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment