Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trick or Treat

I've had a somewhat manic week but just wanted to quickly post on a few things I've been up to.  It's been week three of me doing boot camp and I have to say I feel a lot better for having committed to regular exercise two mornings a week.  I've always thought boot camp was a bit too 'yang' for me but I've surprised myself - I'm actually really enjoying the boxing.  Who would have thought hey?  And I have also had one session at the Rosanna Traditional Chinese Medicine Centre where I got to experience cupping and acupuncture for the first time.  Despite my background, I've never actually seen a Chinese medicine practitioner.  I've also started on the Chinese herbs to build up my immunity and energy levels and I have to admit, I have actually felt the difference.  I'm not sure whether it's psychosomatic but the sceptic in me has been surprised.  I'll see how the rest of my ongoing treatment goes for my various ailments and will keep you posted.  At any rate, it's been nice to put my own health first for a change.
Image via Albert Street Food & Wine
I've also had a chance to get out and about this week for a few business and other lunches.  It's a little ironic that I find myself in Brunswick every week or so visiting my client Avant Card when I used to live a hop, skip and a jump away from their warehouse office (it's still my dream to walk to work although I can't really complain working from home at the moment).  Managing Director Pat Mackle is soon to celebrate a milestone birthday so took all the Melbourne office staff out for lunch at Phillipa Sibley's Albert St Food & Wine which, not surprisingly, was excellent.  Phillipa has also just released a new cook book New Classics so Pat was the proud recipient of a personally signed copy.
Image via Booktopia
Image via Self Preservation
Meanwhile, today I've been down the Paris end of Bourke Street near Pellegrini's and American Tailors and there's a whole heap of new cafes down that end of town.  Mr Rosanna and I had a quick bite to eat at Self Preservation cafe (love the name) which was busy - filling up with men in suits and other business people plus the usual quota of hipsters and arty types.  I also stopped in at the Hill of Content Bookshop as I've started buying Christmas presents.  Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment