Friday, October 11, 2013

Local Profile - Abigail Comber

After finding out that Rosanna children's store owner Abigail Comber has 6 children, I don't think I will ever complain again about having two of my own.  Hats off to her just for that feat alone!  I have even more respect for Abigail taking on a bricks and mortar shop in this digital age.  Lilla & me has replaced the old Sparkle T toy shop on Beetham Parade in Rosanna (just before the veterinarian and my fave cafe Miss Marie).  She also used to live in Rosanna so knows the area well.  I stopped in to buy some presents over the school holiday break (some gorgeous silicon teacup cupcake moulds, a pink tin container and vintage fabric-inspired bangle for one of Thomas' female school friends) and the time is now to start stocking up for Christmas!  Read on for more about Abigail.
Abigail & Rebekah - owners of Lilla & me
Name: Abigail Comber
Occupation: Owner of Lilla & me and blessed mother of 6 beautiful children
Works: Rosanna
How long have you worked here?: One month
Describe yourself/what you do:
I own and run a unique children's store in Rosanna, with my sister Rebekah who I am very excited to announce has joined me in this new and exciting venture.  We spend a lot of time researching and selecting our products in the hope that they will bring joy and satisfaction to our precious little customers.
My children are more than happy to help in the selection process, which makes our unique family business fun and we believe their input is invaluable.  We have everything from toys, Australian made clothing, decor, collectibles and much more.

Best thing(s) about living/working in Melbourne's north-east:
I love Rosanna as it was my first home when I moved here from New Zealand. Rosanna is a wonderful community and a very family orientated area.  You are never too far away from anything and there is always a friendly face where ever you go.

For more information:
Lilla & me
51a Beetham Parade
Rosanna VIC 3084
Ph: 0431153 723
Email: lillaandme@gmail.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lillaandme (check for opening hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment