Thursday, August 22, 2013

Waiting for Spring

Can I tell you now that I am officially over Winter and cold weather?  Maybe it's also the recent blue (full) moon as well but I'm definitely starting to go a bit nuts - not helped by the fact that most of my household has been sick the past month.  I'll be taking a little break very shortly to re-charge.

The blossoms have started appearing on the trees and I know that Spring is also around the corner so I'll stop complaining right now.  Speaking of blossoms, I do love these botanic bottles made by Angus and Celeste - it's like bringing a bit of nature indoors and nature is what inspires me the most these days.
Image via Angus & Celeste website
There are two new exhibitions which start at The Light Factory Gallery in Eltham today and run until 15 September.  Filtered colour is by Warrandyte artist Phillip Sayers and I absolutely love his paintings of Lake Mulwala in particular - the water looks like it's shimmering and if I had the money and the space for it, this would be on one of my walls!   This is his second solo show at the gallery.  I have one of Phill's cityscapes of Melbourne at home which I bought Mr Rosanna as a birthday present and it's one of the most treasured things we own - especially as we both love Melbourne so much- our home city.
Morning Lake Mulwala by Phillip Sayers
Also showing at the gallery is Des Pastoral by award winning Panton Hill-based artist Kim Tarpey.  An artist with a message that she relates with humour, Kim works in ceramic sculpture, painting and printmaking.  In this exhibition she has used Australian colonial themes to create parallels with contemporary attitudes to the environment.  She is a full time artist and a current finalist in this year's Clunes Ceramic Award.
Moby Dick and the Japanese Whalers by Kim Tarpey
Nb. Miss Rosanna is The Light Factory Gallery's freelance PR consultant.


No comments:

Post a Comment