Friday, July 19, 2013

What's on

There are a few markets on this weekend.  The Ivanhoe Makers Market is on tomorrow at The Livingstone Community Centre and takes place every third Saturday of the month.  I always love going there to see many of the local stall holders who have become my friends as well.

Image via Sally's Soap Shoppe
I've not been to the Rose St Artists Market in Fitzroy but it is also one of the stayers on the market scene celebrating 10 years of handmade this year and is located in such a groovy location for those of you who live in the inner north or don't mind travelling from elsewhere.  You can now also shop online for some of the wares sold at the market if you can't get there in person.
Me and Rina Chia at The Ethics of Style
And finally the Take 2 vintage clothing market which celebrates its 6th birthday this year is on this Sunday at the Northcote Town Hall and is run by my lovely friend Rina Chia.  I think you can find some absolute bargains at this market as well as higher end vintage clothing, unique one off pieces and designer labels.  I love vintage clothing for all sorts of reasons and have almost started buying only vintage or second hand clothing.

Have a great weekend - it's the second half of winter so we are getting closer all the time to spring! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up about the vintage market in Northcote, my girls and I went this morning and had a lovely time browsing, even came home with some great clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Leanne - I am yet to make it to one and RIna has become a really good friend of mine. They are holding the Strictly Vintage market next month so I will put up a post about that as well.

    ReplyDelete