Monday, May 27, 2013

A lunch to remember

Mr Rosanna and I celebrated our anniversary last week with a special lunch in the city.  There are a few places I've been wanting to go to for a while, which all start with the letter 'C'.  And while I will have to wait another day to visit Cumulus Inc and Chin Chin, we had a lovely afternoon, and mid-week break, in the subterranean depths of Coda on a cold, wintry day in Melbourne.
Image via www.tourism.vic.gov.au
After bypassing a truck about to unload in the lane way, we were seated at a corner table where I got to look out, and up, at passers by on street level - it felt quite New York.  I'm glad I got a little dressed up as the other tables mainly consisted of corporate diners all wearing suits.
Pacific oysters with coriander, fingerlime & tabasco - yum!
 We had really great service (all male on the floor) and the food was excellent as you would expect - I loved the fact that quite a lot of what is on offer is Asian-influenced or seafood, which made me feel right at home.  Mr R and I went a la carte spending roughly $170 (there are also set menus) - starting off with the freshly shucked Pacific oysters  followed by crispy prawn and spanner crab starters both made with betel leaf, rice paper rolls, a sensational shared main of the 12 hour beef ribs matched with the calamari and green papaya salad finishing off with the pistachio sponge made with roasted figs, spiced crumble and pannacotta for dessert.  It's making me hungry now just thinking about it!
12 hour beef ribs with radish kimchi and calamari, green papaya and cucumber salad
So much to choose from in Melbourne, I am yet to go to a Mexican restaurant of any kind which has been big for a while here and I've also heard great things about Attica for a long time now as its star has continued to rise not just here but globally.  We are spoilt for choice!
Mr R and I after demolishing the dessert

1 comment: