Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hatching an idea

Well Easter is almost upon us and I was reminded of all things chicken, bunny and egg while decorating Thomas' Easter bonnet for school this morning.

Speaking of which, Hatch Contemporary Arts Space - the exciting new dedicated cultural hub for Banyule located in the renovated Art Deco Arts Space at 14 Ivanhoe Parade in Ivanhoe is being launched on Thursday 4 April from 6 - 8 pm by Cr. Wayne Phillips, Mayor of Banyule Council.

I love the new name, especially given my love of birds, but I also love what the name represents - the birth of new ideas and beginnings.  Co-inciding with the launch of Hatch is the opening of Home: Reframing Craft and Domesticity curated by the very clever Claire Watson, which will be officially opened by Cr. Jenny Mulholland, Banyule Council with guest speaker Professor Callum Morton, Head of Fine Art, MADA (Monash Art Design and Architecture).  The exhibition will feature 85 works by 55 artists and includes a program of satellite events at other venues around Banyule.  This is one not to be missed!

For more information on both Hatch and Home, go to www.banyule.vic.gov.au/arts

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I like the sound of that! If you are going, let me know as I'd be keen to go too. Hope you guys are having a lovely Easter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete