Thursday, March 21, 2013

Going mental

It's been a while.  I've had a manic start to the year so I'm hoping post-Easter (and post-Easter break!) that things will settle down.  I've been working for the lovely Pat Mackle at Avant Card for a couple of months now and looking after their monthly e-newsletter, PR, marketing copywriting and advice.  The best part is visiting their funky warehouse office in Brunswick once a week to hang out with the gang (and their dogs!).  It's kept me busy on top of also handling ongoing PR for one of my other lovely clients in The Light Factory Gallery.
Image via Urban Spoon
I caught up with an ex-manager friend of mine who is also a north eastern local today at my friend Bec's brand new cafe - Becca's Foodstore at 82 Grange Road in Alphington.  Bec is a pastry chef who used to run the Station Street cafe in Fairfield and this is her latest venture.  Coffees are good, the pastries not surprisingly are fantastic and while I didn't get to sample her savoury food, it also looked pretty awesome and they also do catering.  Local mums and bubs, tradies and business people in the area also dropped in while I was there and the fit out is pretty groovy although has a cooler feel with the tiled floor.  It makes a nice addition for the good people of Alphington who, along with APTE cafe, are now lucky enough to have two good cafes to choose from.
Image via Banyule Arts & Culture Facebook page
The award winning Banyule Festival is on this weekend so I am hoping to make it to Twilight Sounds on Saturday night to see some live music even if the boys don't make it to later when headline act Mental as Anything play.  We'll also be marching along in the Burgundy Street Grand Parade on Sunday morning for the Kid's Arty Farty Fest.
Image via Harvest 'n' Graze Festival
If you're in Nillumbik - the Harvest 'n' Graze Festival is also being held on Sunday 24 March at Montsalvat and if it's a nice day, it will be a pretty spectacular day out on the hill bathed in sunshine.  Live music is also on offer and if you're an 80s tragic like me, you'll even catch Pseudo Echo plus other bands.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Might see you at Sills Bend on Saturday then Miss Rosanna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ms Banyule Modern - yes but if we don't I will be in touch. Kate Hudson is showing at the gallery next month and we're also holding an eco-fashion exhibition in June (plus associated events) which I wanted to invite you to.

      Delete