Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday on my mind

I'll have my first local profile for the year up next week and I am slowly gearing up for another year of busy-ness.  I've had time to drift, dream and ponder these past few weeks and it's also been great to spend time outdoors and at the beach.  Mr Rosanna and I have managed to get to a few live music gigs over the summer including seeing Clairy Browne and the Banging Rackettes (who were awesome!) and Saskwatch at the Hi Fi Bar as well as US soul singer Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings (who we've seen before) at The Corner Hotel.  I reckon The Bamboos at Zoo Twilights would also be worth seeing if you can get hold of tickets.
Image via www.booktopia.com.au
I've just finished reading Marrakesh by Design by Maryam Montague and if you're into Moroccan design like me, it's an inspirational read!  There is another online retailer Kulchi run by an Australian Cassandra who has spent time living and working in Morocco.  I particularly love the vintage Beni Ouarain rugs (classic design pieces) as well as the luxe-looking Handira wedding blankets (sequins!) and pom pom blankets - I love a bit of embellishment.  I've always loved the look of Arabic writing and the vintage Quaran wooden tablets used in the Moroccan madrasahs (schools) also appeal to the writer in me.  More things to add to the wish list...
Kulchi image via Temple & Webster blog
Finally, for those of you who love interior decorating and homewares in general, I've also discovered the Temple & Webster site which has some great pieces from leading Australian retailers which are 'on sale' for limited periods of time.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment