Monday, September 17, 2012

The Road to Marrakech

Are the school holidays here yet?  I am hanging out for them - sick kids and tired parents aren't a good combination...

My muse is Morocco and I've discovered a couple of new blogs if any of you share my love.
Image via Mushmina blog
Mushmina is a fair trade accessories label based in Philadelphia in the US with products handmade in Morocco.  I've fallen in love with their beautiful bags which are available on Etsy.  Mushmina is also the story of two sisters (and social entrepreneurs) behind the label who've created this inspiring company.
Image via Chic Riads website
There is also the award winning blog My Marrakesh by Maryam Montague - a US ex-pat who now runs an eco-hotel called Peacock Pavilions amongst other things - in my next life I think I'd like to be her. There is also the Cool Marrakech Chic Riads art and design blog by twin sisters who run a couple of riads in Marrakech - Riad Ariha and Riad Chi-Chi - they all sound like fabulous places to stay if you're ever in Morocco and I will keep dreaming...

No comments:

Post a Comment