Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I love blogs

Starting my blog has become something more than I ever thought it would be in the beginning.  It has always been a labour of love; a chronicle of my family life, a form of creative self-expression and the opportunity to share what's going on locally with other like-minded people in the community.

It's brought me many virtual friends who I have then met in real life (and vice versa); a client in The Light Factory Gallery and an opportunity to show the world who I am as a person, and as a writer.  I am hooked for life!
Banyule Youth Services & Express Media are launching a Youth Blog Project open to young people aged between 15 - 20 years old who enjoy writing and live, work, study or play in Banyule.  If you're interested in being on the editorial team of 12, you're invited to email Naomi Simmonds at naomi.simmonds@banyule.vic.gov.au by August 29th with your pitch - one paragraph on who you are and what you're passionate about, one paragraph on why you'd like to be part of Banyule's Youth Blog Project as well as submit a short piece of writing (300 words).

No comments:

Post a Comment