Friday, June 29, 2012

Local profile - Renee Cosgrave

I've talked about the Bundoora Homestead Art Centre and public art this week so it seems fitting that today's local profile is artist Renee Cosgrave who also incidentally works at Bundoora Homestead Art Centre.  I love a bit of colour in the winter time and her beautiful works have lifted my spirits and added some joy no doubt to viewers and passers by in the streets and walls where her wonderful artwork is located.

Name: Renee Cosgrave
Occupation: Artist, Gallery Assistant
Lives/works: Live - Fitzroy, Work – Bundoora, Briar Hill, Caulfield, Melbourne
How long have you lived/worked here? I have lived and worked in Melbourne since the early 2000s. 
Renee Cosgrave, Circular Colour Wall Painting, 2012, Windsor Place, Melbourne
Describe yourself/what you do:
I work within the art industry and practise as an artist. I studied a Bachelor of Fine Art (Painting) at Monash University.  Ever since finishing art school I have been determined to continue to practise and remain active as an artist.  Last year I travelled to Berlin and spent most of my time making small drawings, paintings and collages.
Renee Cosgrave, Red Flower Wall Painting, Acrylic on wall, 2010, The Narrows, Melbourne
I am interested in abstract painting and focus on the use of form, colour, shape, space and repetition within my work.  I have made a number of wall paintings and my most recent work is a public wall mural in the Melbourne CBD. 

Best thing(s) about living/working in Melbourne's north-east:
I love the Preston market the beautiful parks and trees.  There are some real gems on this side of the city.  Westgarth cinemas, bike tracks Fairfield Boat House.  I grew up around this area and have fond memories with family and friends.

For more information:
Website: www.moon-unit.org/renee
Blog: http://reneecosgrave.blogspot.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment