Monday, April 2, 2012

Time to Play

So Mr Rosanna and I took the boys to the new regional play space at Warringal Parklands not once but twice over the weekend and I have to say it's great for the area.

Lots and lots of little kids running around inside the fully fenced off space.  I was expecting something a lot greener (which may come at a later stage given the young trees that have been planted).  It will be lovely in the sunshine given we're now heading into winter but very hot in the summer unless more shade is provided.  It would also be nice for the park to be given a new name.  I still hold up Wombat Bend in Templestowe as one of the best children's parks in the north east.
The flying fox - Warringal Parklands regional play space
Another thing I did on this very busy weekend was to see the feel good movie (and visual feast!) 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' at Palace Cinemas Balwyn (another fantastic Art Deco cinema) at a very stylish fundraiser hosted by The Salt Foundation.  Mr Rosanna and I also took the boys to yum cha with my family at Crown Palace in Vermont South - he thought he might have been the only 'gweilo' (white face) there but there were a few other mixed race families.  Yum cha was OK - nothing outstanding but nothing terrible either.
Balwyn Cinema image via Palace Cinemas website

2 comments:

  1. Great to see a big fenced off park so close! I've taken the kids a couple of times also. Like you I had expected a little more greenery, but I don't think that it is all quite finished yet. The toilets are still coming as I found out. What did you think of the movie? I'm really keen to see if myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone also mentioned a cafe at the park which would be pretty ace - I reckon they'd make a killing...and toilets nearby are definitely needed.

    Movie was great! Great actors and the colours of India are just so beautiful. I'm dying to see The Artist.

    I'll have to have you around for a coffee next term : )

    ReplyDelete