Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sanctuary

Mr Rosanna and I are both bird lovers...seriously...maybe we should be called Mr and Miss Twitcher instead.  There's a relatively new exhibition currently on at Heide Museum of Modern Art by Louise Saxton called Sanctuary - a series of natural history (read 'bird'!) illustrations made from discarded needlework pinned to tulle.  Cleverly the exhibition also draws a parallel between the lost art of needlework and the vulnerability of threatened species.  Some of the birds are just gorgeous!

Carolina on my mind image by Louise Saxton: Sanctuary via Heide.com.au
Speaking of sanctuary, I think I've also just found my new dream home.  It's called Clovelly at 26 Reid St in Balwyn and it's a fantastic example of Streamline Moderne (late Art Deco) which I have fallen in love with.  All I need to do is find that spare $2 million I've stashed away somewhere...

Clovelly image via realestateview.com.au

2 comments:

  1. Can you find me some of the stash as well, there are a couple of homes I'm considering as well. Haha, looks like a great house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think most of my sentences begin with, 'well, after I win tattslotto...'

      Delete