Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Jiggety jig

Oooh lordy lordy...school's back and I'm already having trouble keeping up.  Firstly, a few markets to mention.  The Ivanhoe Makers Market is on this Saturday - as I've said before it's a great place to buy gifts in particular (as well as hand made one off pieces for yourself!) at very reasonable prices.  I am a convert.
Image via www.thefinderskeepers.com
Secondly the travelling Finders Keepers independent art and design market is on this Friday and Saturday and has moved to the Royal Exhibition Buildings in Carlton this time around in Melbourne.  I would be in serious trouble if I went to this market!  Entry to both markets is free.
Yes -  Miss Rosanna and Renae share a love of vintage printer's blocks
Miss Rosanna has also been out on the road today - I met with local interior designer (and the very gorgeous!) Renae Barrass this morning at Miss Marie cafe in Rosanna and was even more impressed when I found out she'd got there by bike.  She has not one but two fabulous blogs which you can visit here and here.

I also dropped into The Light Factory Gallery to see the Fourfold exhibition which opened today.  I loved Georgia Thorpe's 'Sol' (sun) series, Violeta Capovska's bold statement pieces, Kate Hudson's Asian tea pot and ginger jar prints and Clare Humphries' edgy hand burnished linocuts which have a photographic quality about them.

Nb. Miss Rosanna is The Light Factory Gallery's freelance PR consultant.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like I'll miss the Ivanhoe Makers Market again as we're in naw this weekend. I'm still very keen to go - finders keepers also. Fantastic reading a blog that is going to remind when the next one is on - thanks!
    P.S. how nice is miss Marie's?! It's my fave local cafe!

    ReplyDelete