Monday, March 5, 2012

Soul food

The weekends seem to pass by in a flash at the moment - even the grey and drizzly ones...I hope you are enjoying the change of season and the falling leaves.
Image via australianartbooks.com.au
I stopped in at Heide Museum last week given I had to buy some presents as I have numerous celebrations of all different kinds coming up.  The lower carpark is being re-done at the moment so it was a tad busy.  I love Heide - I didn't leave empty handed!  I bought this book The Heart Garden a biography by Janine Burke on Sunday Reed and I am loving reading it.
Yong Green image via Mel:hotornot
I also went out with my best friend Jules last week to Brunswick St, Fitzroy - it's been a while since I was there and despite the grey skies, it was jumping.  We decided to go vegetarian for various reasons.  Jules has previously had a birthday dinner at Shakahari and we've both been to The Tofu Shop and Vegie Bar many times before.  This time we went to Yong Green which was recently mentioned in The Age Cheap Eats guide.  It was great even if a little squishy (we shared a table with another couple) - and a decidedly more communal atmosphere and bohemian crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment