Thursday, March 1, 2012

Curiouser and curiouser

I'm yet to see The Artist which won a swathe of Oscars earlier week but given it's set in the 1920s, it's on my radar.  I'm also loving Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries on ABC1 based on the fictional lady detective Phryne Fisher books by Kerry Greenwood - sometimes I think I should have been born in a different era!
Image via Wikipedia
Closer to home, this event has caught my eye - Sanctum Theatre's Cabinet of Antiquated Recording Devices being held this Saturday 3 March at Montsalvat Barn Gallery in Eltham.  You're invited to join them for a hodge-podge (their words!) of vague memories, hazy recollections, grainy photographs and crackly recordings.  The Cabinet contains silent films with live scores, slideshows, puppets, Helmsman Pete and La Bande di Sandro.

  Tickets are $15 ($10 concession).  
Bookings/enquiries: (03) 9439 7712.
Ferryman Stills image via Montsalvat

No comments:

Post a Comment