Thursday, March 15, 2012

Brmm Brmm!

I've never thought of myself as a petrol head but having sons has changed me a little.  I suddenly know a lot about the different car brands and badges.  Thomas loves Ferraris and Lamborghinis and Will loves Maseratis and Aston Martins so I think they're going to have to marry rich women!  As for me, I do love a vintage car over a new sports car.
Image via www.car-guides.net
The Australian Grand Prix is on this weekend but there are other things to see and do besides head to Albert Park or watch the race on TV.  I think breakfast (and brunch) is an under-rated meal and when you become a parent, going out in the morning becomes way more attractive than going out at night.  I've discovered a new blog called Judging Your Breakfast run by two women called Anna and Robyn who review breakfasts at cafes all over Melbourne.  Hilarious.  Check it out for yourself!
The Ivanhoe Makers Market is also on this Saturday.  I did end up going to the last market before Christmas and picked up a number of gorgeous hand-made goodies - it really is worth a visit if you are a local or in the area.
Ceramics by Lene Kuhl-Jakobsen

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, thanks for the reminder re Ivanhoe Makers Market. Hopefully I'll get a chance if hubby does not get called in to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think you'll love it especially because many of the makers are from around here. If you see Lene (ceramicist) or Teresa Bennett (textile designer) please say hello to them from me. I bought lots of xmas and birthday presents at the last market...dangerous!

      Delete