Friday, February 17, 2012

Local profile - Rona Green

I love finding out about quirky local artists and even better one who takes classes at The Abbotsford Convent which I talked about in yesterday's post.  My boys remind me of dogs and cats in many ways but Rona Green's animal characters resemble something more like out of the movie Fight Club than furry little pets.  Read on for more about Rona Green and her art.
Rona Green
Baby Bailey Durden
2011, linocut, ink and watercolour, 76 x 56 cm, edition 23
Name: Rona Green
Occupation: Artist
Lives: Montmorency
Works: Abbotsford 
How long have you lived in Montmorency?: Around 9 years.
How long have you worked in Abbotsford?: Just over 2 years. 
Rona Green
Dutch
2009, linocut, ink and watercolour, 45 x 38 cm, edition 13
Describe what you do:
As an artist my studio practice involves printmaking, painting, drawing and soft sculpture.  I exhibit my work at Australian Galleries in Melbourne and Sydney, as well as in New Zealand at Solander Works on Paper Gallery.

The pictures of peculiar characters I make are inspired by my interests such as Egyptian art, science fiction, tattooing traditions, secret societies, subcultures and the animal kingdom.
I also teach drawing and printmaking classes at my studio at The Abbotsford Convent.  This week an exhibition of my work opens at Australian Galleries in Sydney and during May-June of this year I will be participating in the inaugural Banyule Contemporary Art Fair to be held at the Banyule Arts Space.

Best thing about living in Melbourne's north-east: The bird life.

For more information about you:
Website: www.ronagreen.com
Blog: http://ronagreenblog.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ronagreenartist
www.australiangalleries.com.au
www.solandergallery.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment