Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Vegging out

Mr Rosanna and I undertook a bit of home improvement over the Christmas break given we had a staycation here in Rosanna.  Finally working on the home office (for me) and music studio (for him) not to mention giving our garden and deck a bit of an overhaul.
Bulleen Art and Garden image via Winter in Banyule
We went to Bulleen Art and Garden over the weekend and it's one of my favourite local haunts.  It's also the 2012 state winner of the Nursery and Garden Industry of Australia Environment award.  The nursery shop is a treasure trove of gorgeous Middle Eastern, Asian and Indian wares and the whole place has a bohemian, arty feel to it.  Not surprisingly there is also a gallery inside and they run classes, workshops and events with a big focus on sustainability.  Just remember to wear sensible shoes if you go in the summer, Mr Rosanna and I were in thongs and I had a minor freak out given the 'Beware of snakes' sign in the garden itself (the nursery is by the river).
Bulleen Art and Garden image via Winter in Banyule
Speaking of sustainability, I also wanted to mention my clever friend Ms de Burg - a lover of food, travel, photography and music amongst other things -  who has launched her own blog My vegie patch.  Her 2012 challenge is to cook one dish per week using something from her garden and I have to say I was salivating over the OMG chocolate and zucchini cake from last week.  Look for her gorgeous pics and cool tunes to play when cooking up her fabulous treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment