Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Food glorious food

Image via Mister Bianco Facebook page
I actually don't go out to eat all that often so when I do these days, it's usually been organised way in advance.  I did want to mention some new places in Kew which have had recent mentions in The Age Epicure.
Image via Chester White Facebook page
I'm heading to Mister Bianco next month for dinner with some girlfriends who live locally - it's Italian - one of my fave cuisines and it looks more grown up which I love given I normally spend most of my time these days eating in family-friendly places.  Other eateries of note include Chester White which is kid-friendly - they even have iPads for the kids to play with - and apparently a big focus on pork as well as Percy's Aeroplane for good cafe fare.
Image via Percy's Aeroplane Cafe Facebook page
Closer to home, my in-laws have started going to Vasko in Ivanhoe on a weekly basis - it's licensed and the food is apparently very good.  It's where Floyd used to be on Upper Heidelberg Road and was formerly in Macleod.  Family and friends have also dined at Barrio further up the road - a place I've always wanted to go - it's more fine dining and the owners are ex-Italy 1 (Camberwell) and Bottega (Bourke St).

No post tomorrow given it's Australia Day but I'll be back with a local profile on Friday.  Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment