Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Finding inspiration

It's been a year since I started Miss Rosanna.  I was looking for some inspiration and a creative outlet when I began my blog and I have to say to my surprise, that I've largely found it and even more.  Thanks for going on the journey with me.

I've previously mentioned my love of old theatres.  I think they hark back to a time when the women were glamorous and it was all about style and having fun.  Like the Regal Ballroom, the Thornbury Theatre can also be hired out as a wedding (or other) venue as well as now being a live music venue.
Foyer image via The Thornbury Theatre
As of this Thursday, the Thornbury Theatre will be kicking off it's summer nights foyer program Thursday - Sunday from 5 pm where some of Melbourne's best jazz and blues artists will perform.  They're throwing open the main doors and turning the Grand Foyer into an intimate space to have a few drinks with friends and enjoy the ambience and live music.  Sounds pretty good to me!  The Thornbury Theatre is located at 859 High Street, Thornbury.

2 comments:

  1. I have been following a blog that this guy in the states does. He goes to lots of old theatres and takes photos. They are nearly always run down and in need of some TLC. Though you might be interested. http://afterthefinalcurtain.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - just had a peek.

      The son of the people who run the Brougham St Antique Bazaar in Eltham was also telling me about a disused cinema in rural Vic (can't remember where) which he wanted to restore and play Australian movies at like 'The Castle'. And another friend we saw the other night was telling me about a family friend who has his own 1930s home cinema in Ivanhoe complete with matching decor from the era.

      I am hoping that whoever restores the Flinders St Ballroom above the train station does it justice.

      Delete