Monday, January 16, 2012

Enter the Dragon

Welcome to 2012!  I hope you had a wonderful holiday break and are ready to start a new year.  If you've already broken or haven't made any new year's resolutions you've still got time as Chinese New Year doesn't start until January 23 - the Year of the Dragon.
Image via Wikipedia
The dragon is considered the most auspicious of the Chinese zodiac signs as the dragon is a mythical beast rather than a real animal.  For the Chinese, the dragon represents power, good fortune and dynamic energy.  Sounds good to me - I'm ready to shake things up a little!

My new year's resolutions?  I have a few including taking up meditation (I'll let you know how that goes), watching less TV (and instead doing more creative things with my time) and spending less money on things that aren't necessities.  My final overall resolution is simply to do more of the things that make me happy.  More tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, I was born in the year of the dragon, do you think that means it will make me doubly lucky this year? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you all too from US. looking forward to your blog updates for 2012 x

    ReplyDelete