Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A bit of support

Christmas, and the New Year for that matter, is not always an easy time for people.  If you are needing some extra support, you can contact Diamond Valley Community Support.  Amongst other things, they offer financial counselling, personal and relationship counselling, a Justice of the Peace, Legal and Material Aid service as well as fax, photocopying, internet, email and information services.  The Kingsbury Drive Community Market in the La Trobe University car park is actually part of this.  Contact them on 9435 8282 Monday - Friday from 9.30 am - 4.30 pm or email: info@dvsupport.org.au for more information.
On another note, I've mentioned that Mr Rosanna and I are undertaking a bit of home improvement.  I was actually out on the road on Saturday getting jobs done.  I'm having some cushions made up with remnant fabric at Finer Home Furnishings in Heidelberg to match my favourite Art Deco-style arm chairs (pictured above).  I think there's a misconception that interior decorating/design is expensive (and I'm sure that it can be depending on where you go) but these guys seem pretty affordable (and stylish to boot).  Local retailers are doing it hard at the moment so I am more than happy to give them my business if the quality is there and the price is right.
Image via The Map Room blog
I noticed a new Italian restaurant called Bomba has opened on Burgundy St which caught my eye as I headed to Ivanhoe.  I had to buy a present for a friend who is a Francophile (as am I) and a keen traveller.  I was tossing up between buying a Laguiole French cheese knife at Darriwill Farm or some L'Occitane product from Mount's Pharmacy.  In the end I did neither and bought this book (above) from Andrew's Books.  Given our whole family is obsessed with trains and maps, I probably should have bought a copy for us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment