Monday, December 12, 2011

Wish list

It's been a busy time of year and the past month has been a bit of a blur of social engagements.  Mr R and I had a karaoke party at the Station St Cafe and Wine Bar in Nunawading on Saturday night where we sang George Michael's 'Careless Whisper' imagining we were Kate Miller-Heidke and Paul Dempsey on Rockwiz.  Fun and games.  Also had my annual Kris Kringle with the girls yesterday morning so feeling a bit weary today.
Image via Angus Robertson
If you're still on the hunt for Christmas presents, the Sisters' Market is on this Friday and Saturday in Brunswick.  Rochford Wines in the Yarra Valley also starts its Movies in the Vineyard sessions this Friday if you're wanting to buy your nearest and dearest an experience.  Elk Accessories has a shop at 395 Plenty Road in Preston which a number of the kinder and school mums go to as they often have heavily discounted goodies for sale.  One of my favourite shops - Metroscope in Collingwood - is also selling its beautiful Moroccan and Middle Eastern-inspired wares right up until Christmas Eve.  Other faves include Husk and Little Salon.
Image via Booktopia
My wish list this year is pretty much the same as last year.  I'm still wanting to finish furnishing my house and would love an Art Deco floor lamp, Art Deco bedside tables and an Asian antique cabinet for our living room.  I could be waiting another year given we're on a budget but it's nice to dream.  I've also realised I've got a thing for travel to exotic destinations which has manifested itself in the interiors books I've recently bought - 'Morroco: a sense of place' and Australian interior designer Sibella Court's latest book 'Nomad'.

No comments:

Post a Comment