Tuesday, December 6, 2011

An eco Christmas

It's hard not to over consume at Christmas time - on everything.  I always think gift cards for experiences (movies, theatre, dinner, itunes music, spa treatments etc), magazine subscriptions, food, photos and memory books and donations to charities like World Vision and Oxfam are always good gifts.  Mr R and I buy World Vision gift vouchers every year for family and one day would like to sponsor a child.  My sister also buys a lot of gifts from the Oxfam shop.

I discovered a fantastic new shop called Eco Ivanhoe in the Ivanhoe Plaza (shop 7B), Livingstone St in Ivanhoe on the weekend.  It stocks all sorts of eco friendly gifts including soy candles, soaps, Christmas decorations and lots of other things that would make wonderful gifts.  I bought a wooden twig style Christmas wreath and will be heading back.  I think I may do a last minute shop there, at Darriwill Farm, Leo's Fine Food & Wine and the Ivanhoe Makers Market.
Earth Greetings Christmas cards
If you are wanting to send Christmas cards there's an eco-friendly company called Earth Greetings who sell online.  My other favourite online retailers include Biome and Blue Caravan.  There's also a home delivery service called Eco Christmas Trees where you can rent live potted Christmas trees for Christmas and avoid chopping down real trees every year or buying plastic ones from China.
Image via Mel:hotornot
Finally I wanted to mention that Nicola Cerini is having a Christmas sale with up to 70% off selected stock if you're able to get to her Abbotsford studio over the next two days.  Happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miss Rosanna
    Its time I said hello and thankyou for all the wonderful posts from a like minded rosanna person. I did make it to the Cerini sale and the abbotsford supper market which were both great - loved tea and sympathy - and have you checked out their blog? And especially thankyou for connecting me with Biome because that led me to all kinds of wonderful xmas presents including Makedo - how wonderful. My three yo is gonna love it!
    Merry Xmas
    Jen and Olley (Ellesmere Parade)

    ReplyDelete