Monday, October 24, 2011

Hot and sweaty

Granny Annie is down from Queensland and we celebrated her birthday at the beautifully restored Studley Park Boathouse in Kew yesterday.  While I've been to the Fairfield Boathouse a number of times in recent years, it's been a long time since I've gone to Studley Park.
Image via White Pages
It was beautiful (but warm!) yesterday and I had forgotten how lovely it is down there as you come off the boulevard past Yarra Bend park and head down to the river.  Mum had booked the cafe but you can also book the restaurant (think there's a maximum of 20).  For $35 a head, you get a main and dessert which is great value and the food is very good.  They also have a kids menu and the venue is a lot more upmarket than Fairfield - really picturesque.  There was even a wedding taking place on the opposite side of the river.

Just remember to wear comfy clothes and sensible shoes if you go as if, like us, your kids then scream for their first boat ride you'll be suitably attired.  Mr Rosanna and I were dressed up so both of us were uncomfortably hot and sticky by the end of our half hour boat ride which cost $22.

1 comment:

  1. Came here via Mel:HOT or NOT and amd delighted to find a blof with all goodness that is the NE suburbs. I'm in Viewbank so I am loving all these local things to do and see that I would have never found out myself. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete