Monday, September 19, 2011

Party time

Image via heide.com.au
We spent Saturday running around doing chores as per usual but noticed for the first time the Heidelberg RSL Club in Mount Street, Heidelberg tucked away just opposite the train station.  It's housed in a lovely old building which could do with a bit of sprucing up but I think it would make a great venue for a Christmas party or otherwise.  Apparently if numbers don't increase, this venue may sadly be shut down.

I also wanted to mention some of the other venues around here besides the Old England Hotel which are worth considering for parties and events.  I grew up in Bulleen and ever since I can remember, the Veneto Club has been there.  You don't have to be Italian to go to the restaurant (which has a children's playground) or book events there.  A bit further up Bulleen Road is the Yarra Valley Country Club which looks a bit posh - my hairdresser Mel has actually had her family Christmas there one year.

I've been to the Heidelberg Golf Club in Lower Plenty for lunch and also considered it as a wedding venue given the beautiful heritage golf club house and modern dining rooms which have a fantastic outlook onto the golf course and surrounding gardens.

Finally, I have had a number of Kris Kringle celebrations with my besties in the gardens at Heide Museum in Bulleen.  You can actually book venue spaces and event hire including catering at Heide.

No comments:

Post a Comment