Friday, September 9, 2011

Local profile - Fiona Greuter

Aah...the joys of having children...One thing you really need to do is look after your body both before you give birth and, even more importantly, once your baby is out.  One of the first things I did after having Thomas was a pilates course to strengthen pelvic floor muscles and core stability.  I found out about Fiona Greuter in my obstetrician's office at The Mercy Hospital after I'd moved here and was pregnant with Will.  Read on for more about Fiona.
Name: Fiona Greuter
Occupation: Womens Health Physiotherapist
Works: Heidelberg Heights/Watsonia and Bundoora
How long have you worked here? On and off for 11 years

Describe yourself/what you do:
After my third child was born 5 years ago I had the opportunity to start up my own small physiotherapy practice for women which now allows me flexibility around my children and other interests.  I started off in Greensborough and am now in Heidelberg Heights although next year the practice is moving to Watsonia.  I also work up at Northpark Private Hospital.  Previously I had worked at The Mercy Hospital for Women at the  Ivanhoe clinic so I know the broad area pretty well now. I enjoy working only with women and my areas of interest and further education are exercise for women, particularly pre and postnatal exercise as well as  pelvic floor rehabilitation.
Apart from work, I love my garden, reading, watching movies with my husband, crafts such as knitting and folk art, baking, and outdoor activities such as bush walking and camping.

Best thing(s)about working in Melbourne's north-east:
I love the people here, there are no pretensions and people seem to care about each other and the community.

For more information: 
www.seasonsoflife.com.au
Mobile: 0414625096

No comments:

Post a Comment