Thursday, September 29, 2011

Frocking up

I forgot to mention yesterday that there is a new cafe called Ora in Kew which also does serious coffee.  I've not yet been but was talking to the owner of Miss Marie who'd gone to check it out.  It's located in Pakington St where Ocha used to be before it moved to Church St.  Speaking of which, my in-laws go to Ocha (modern Japanese) once a year for a special occasion dinner - last year's was very memorable as they were flooded out - literally.  Right next to Ocha is Barkers Wine Bar & Bistro where I've also dined a number of times - it's great gastro-pub fare.
I've got a number of parties on between now and the end of the year and love an excuse to dress up.  Above is a pic of me and my friend Anne at her 70s disco party last year - I found my vintage silver lurex jumpsuit (channelling Halston the American designer from the 1970s) on ebay for $20 while I picked up my silver leather belt a couple of years ago at Heidelberg Road's Vintage Bazaar.  My 80s party at my friend Fizz's is this Grand Final weekend so looking forward to a big night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment