Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bread and chocolate

Aaah...the staples of life!  Bread and chocolate (well...perhaps going a bit far with chocolate but I definitely wouldn't be happy to give it up).
Image via Dench Bakers
Was out on the road today and came home via the inner north, drove past Birdie Num Nums (a child-friendly cafe) on Nicholson St and then went on to have lunch at Dench Bakers on Scotchmer St in North Fitzroy.  I hadn't been in there since before it expanded to two shop fronts.  The place was buzzing and my friend Mary and I demolished a sensational Wagyu beef burger and veggie stack - the coffee's also very good.  On my way out, I picked up a freshly made Ciabatta loaf for my in-laws who were kind enough to babysit the boys today.

The other thing I did was drop into Darriwill Farm on Upper Heidelberg Road in Ivanhoe.  They've got an amazing dessert product called Unforgettable (made by a local lady in Warrandyte) - lemon curd, passion fruit curd or chocolate fillings which can then be put into homemade pastry cups as well as some cute ready made meringues in large and small sizes.  Food heaven!  They'd all make a good cheat's dessert at your next dinner party.
Image via Conscious Chocolate
I also picked up some gorgeous dark chocolate called Conscious Chocolate made right here in Melbourne from all natural ingredients - their tag line is 'raw.organic.handmade' and you can also buy it online. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment