Monday, August 29, 2011

Hello!

I'm back - did you miss me?  I had a great time blogging for the Winter in Banyule Arts Festival but I must say it's nice to be writing my own blog again.  Aside from Winter in Banyule, I have spent the past couple of weeks catching up with friends and family and enjoying the warmer weather.  It's funny how you suddenly get an influx of invitations to events once winter ends. 
Party in New York by Kat Mcleod image via Michi Girl
One of the highlights was celebrating my friend Jules' birthday.  The girls and I decided to buy her a Kat McLeod print - something she's always wanted.  Above is a picture of the exact same print we got Jules called 'Party in New York' - wishful thinking on our part!  Jules had a great birthday party and is now sunning herself on a beach somewhere in Bali.

I also caught up with some old work friends of mine at St Katherine's in Kew.  My in-laws have previously been there for dinner and were quite underwhelmed by it due to the noise and cafeteria-style set up inside.  However I have to say I loved it, it's loud but nowhere near as loud as Hellenic Republic where you have to shout to be heard.  The food was great (we ordered a la carte), the service young and exuberant and it was pumping the night I went during the week.  I also loved the L'Occitane soap and Dyson hand dryer in the toilets!  Would definitely go back again with a group of friends.
Finally, my friend Kate is wanting to sell her Art Deco 6-piece (three seater couch and three single chairs) lounge suite which was fully re-upholstered in 2005.  I don't normally spruik things on my blog but if you are interested or know someone who is, please email me: hellomissrosanna@gmail.com
Lots on this coming week with Father's Day and other things on.  More tomorrow.  It's great to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment