Monday, August 1, 2011

Deco desires

Image via www.realestateview.com.au
Mr Rosanna and I had a look at this beautiful Art Deco house for sale in Ivanhoe East on the weekend.  It's called 'Bukit Raja' meaning 'King of The Mountain' and it would make a fantastic restoration project - it was featured in Home Beautiful when it was originally built in 1946.
Image via mfw.blog.com.au
Speaking of Art Deco, Melbourne chef Shannon Bennett's 'New York' book is also on my wish list.  I love the picture on the front cover of the iconic Art Deco Chrysler building and if I could go to New York to do a foodie's tour - I'd be taking this book with me.  There is a Melbourne Writer's Festival event on at Vue de monde on Tuesday 30 August where Shannon Bennett will be celebrating his book along with a three course meal matched with wine.  Tickets are $170 and can be booked at www.mwf.com.au

Finally, I read with some dismay about the Eltham Bookshop's future being under a cloud due to the impact of the internet.  I will be making a beeline for the store to buy my books and I encourage those of you who live in the area to please support Meera and her store.  Bookshops, cafes and galleries are the heart and soul of any community and make living here in the north east all the more wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment