Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Anywhere but here

I'm not a big fan of Winter and am officially over the cold as much as I love this area.  I know, I know, I shouldn't be complaining - I got to go to Hong Kong only a few weeks ago.  But there is a lot to be said for going somewhere warm to relax on a beach and do little else and that will be my next holiday with the kids.
1936 Cord, Delightfully Deco exhibition image via Art Deco Buildings
Mr Rosanna and I have done a few regional Victoria trips to places like Queenscliff, Castlemaine, Daylesford and Bendigo over the past couple of years.  We also want to take the boys to the snow next year.  We would both like to go to Beechworth at some stage - I've never been there and there's an Art Deco exhibition called Delightfully Deco currently on at Albury which I'd love to see.
My heart wanders book image via The Crafty Minx
Besides dreaming of warmer places, I also had to stop myself buying more art and design books at Andrew's Books last weekend.  On my wish list is a book about Australian textile designer Florence Broadhurst called Florence Broadhurst: Her Secret and Extraordinary Lives and My Heart Wanders by Australian stylist, photographer and author Pia Jane Bijkerk about her travels and setting up homes in Amsterdam, Paris and Sydney.  If you like Florence Broadhurst, you can buy her wallpaper, wall decor and fabric online from Signature Prints.  I also dream of buying a Florence Broadhurst design rug from Cadrys Rugs.  One day Miss Rosanna one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment