Friday, June 17, 2011

Local profile - Vicky Woodman

I mentioned one of my funky hairdressers Vicky the other week.  Did I also mention she's fit as well?  And I mean seriously fit (as in marathon fit).  Vicky's already completed the Melbourne Marathon once before and has her eyes set on the New York Marathon in the future.  Speaking of which, did I tell you about the time her husband Nigel gave her a leave pass to go to New York while he looked after the kids?  Man... I want a husband like that.
Name: Vicky Woodman 
Occupation: Hairdresser
Lives/works:  I live in Balwyn and work in Ivanhoe East
How long have you lived/worked here? I have lived in Balwyn for 18 months and worked in Ivanhoe East for 11 years.

Describe yourself/what you do:  I have a great work/life balance.  I'm self employed and work three days a week as a hairdresser at Wicked Hair and Beauty in Ivanhoe East.  I love my work and have been passionate about hairdressing since I was a young girl.  As rewarding as the creative aspects of my work are, it's the wonderful people I have met along the way, that make my job so much fun.  Many of these friendships have spanned my 19 year career.

I am also a mother of two beautiful young boys aged 5 and 3.  My husband started his own engineering consultancy 10 years ago and I also assist him with its day to day operations.  When we manage to find time to take a break we enjoy camping, fishing and sailing.  When I'm not working and chasing after children, I enjoy running and have registered for the Melbourne Marathon in October.

Best thing(s) about living/working in Melbourne's north-east:
East Ivanhoe Village is a wonderful community supported by the traders and local families.  The surrounding area also has some great schools.  The parks, running tracks and great cycling in the area really suit our lifestyle.  Melbourne's north-east offers great strip shopping and an abundance of cafes and great restaurants. My family and I often frequent Toyama Japanese Restaurant in Ivanhoe and Tao's Restaurant in Bulleen.

For more information:

Wicked Hair and Beauty
243 Lower Heidelberg Road
Ivanhoe East VIC 3079
Ph: 9499 3199
Email: vwoodman@carnot.com.au

PS.  As of 20/6/12 - Wicked Hair & Beauty has re-located to 97 Willsmere Rd, Kew (opposite Ora cafe) Ph: 9855 2090

No comments:

Post a Comment