Friday, June 10, 2011

Local profile - Samantha Greenwood

One of the most inspiring things about writing my local profiles is meeting people who have found their passion, purpose and talent in life and then actually had the courage of conviction to pursue their dream and make it a reality.  Samantha Greenwood is one of those people.

Name: Samantha Greenwood
Occupation: Kindergarten Director/Teacher
Lives/works: Lives in Diamond Creek, works in Viewbank
How long have you lived/worked here?  I have lived in Diamond Creek for 8 years and worked at Winston Hills pre-school for 6 months.

Describe yourself/what you do:
I got my degree in Early Childhood Education in the USA and then came back to Australia and worked in the music industry for years - go figure!  I sing and play guitar and have performed all over Australia and on TV (Good Morning Australia, Midday Show, Hey, Hey it's Saturday).

Throughout my life I have always had a passion for working with children, specifically play-based, creative expression in an early learning environment.  There is nothing more magical than facilitating opportunities for a child to explore and find confidence in themselves through creative and joyous activity.  This is the passion in my life and what I was born to do.

Best thing about living/working in Melbourne's north-east: I have lived on the east coast of the USA, Los Angeles, Brisbane, Perth, Darwin, Katherine and in the riverland of South Australia, and have decided that Melbourne's north-east is without a doubt the best place to live in the world.  It offers the perfect balance of country and city life and is made up of a close, diverse and creative population.

For more information:
samanthagreenwood@mac.com

No comments:

Post a Comment