Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kitschy kitschy coo

Melbourne is home to some great design and products with a stylish and uniquely Australian flavour including Aesop skincare, bags by Crumpler and Nicola Cerini, Keep Cup coffee cups...the list goes on.  I subscribe to the Design Victoria newsletter and they hold some great events if you work, or are interested, in design.
Melanie Eagleson coaster image via Ethikl.com.au
I've bought a number of gifts now for my friend Stephanie in Hong Kong.  Pictured is some of the more kitsch stuff I got on the Made it website - coasters by Melanie Eagleson made from old Melways map pages (I've actually chosen Rosanna for mine) as well as a tea towel by Kirsten Haworth printed here in Melbourne featuring some quintessentially Australian images.

No comments:

Post a Comment