Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Winter inspiration

Lordy lordy...it's still freakin' cold here in Melbourne.  Taking refuge in front of the fire here today at chez Rosanna with sick children and hubby.  The best thing is that Mr Rosanna and I have a long awaited trip to Hong Kong next month sans children (thanks Nan & Papa!) which makes winter more bearable this year. 

Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
I've been buying some presents for my girlfriend who lives there and thought you might be interested in some of my fave online sites for gifts, fashion and beauty.  I mentioned newcomer Young Republic the other day.  I also love Made it and Blue Caravan where you can find quirky Australian made and designed gifts - many are handmade and ethically produced.

I don't buy a lot of new clothes these days but do love my friend Alex's store Ecofashionista - she stocks some great local and international labels.  Gorman has also long been a favourite and I've picked up some great Australian designer fashion at discounted prices on My Clotheshorse.  While I still love Aveda products for hair care (which you can buy at a discounted price from StrawberryNet), my fave skincare product is an Australian brand called Li'tya.  There's also a more affordable Australian line called Pure and Green Organics.  Finally there's an Australian cosmetic company called Inika - you can buy a 5 or 6 piece EcoTools makeup brush set for under $30 from Biome (or Priceline) and you'll be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment