Friday, April 29, 2011

Local Profile - Meera Freeman

I first heard of Meera Freeman many years ago when I went to a cafe she had in Prahran for a fashion networking organisation dinner.  Mr Rosanna then re-discovered her for me when he bought me a gift voucher for Christmas to attend one of her amazing Moroccan cooking classes.  It was one of the best experiences I've ever had.  Needless to say I dream about taking one of her culinary tours to Morocco at some future stage.  She is also an accomplished photographer with her own blog.
Name: Meera Freeman 
Occupation: Food consultant, Tour leader, Author 
Lives/works: Carlton South
How long have you lived/worked here? 16 Years

Describe yourself/what you do:
I have been running my cooking school for 21 years now, teaching Italian, Thai, Moroccan and Vietnamese cuisines.  I have written 3 cookbooks and been involved in many other activities, most recently completing a photography diploma and starting my blog.  For the past ten years, I have been leading cultural and culinary tours to Morocco, a country with simply amazing scenery, perfumes and flavours.  Further details, including the link to my blog, can be found on my website. 
Meera's commercial kitchen space
Best thing(s) about living/working in Melbourne's north-east:
Such close proximity to the city centre, Victoria Market, Sydney Rd, Lygon St and Victoria St – in fact  - most of the Melbourne's food and cultural precincts.  Walking and public transport gives me quick and easy access to everything that makes Melbourne one of the world's most liveable cities.

For more information:

www.meerafreeman.com.au
http://blog.meerafreeman.com.au
meera@meerafreeman.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment