Friday, April 8, 2011

Local Profile - Jodie Baud

Oooh there's a lot of clever, crafty people out there. If you're into all things crafty, it's worth checking out www.etsy.com and Frankie magazineI keep coming across a lot of designer makers, artists and musicians in my local neighbourhood and Jodie Baud is one of them. 

Jodie and her gorgeous family

Name: Jodie Baud 
Occupation: Designer - Jolie Petite Chose (Pretty Little Thing)
Lives/works:  Eltham
How long have you lived/worked here? 7 years
 

Describe yourself/what you do:
Jolie Petite Chose is an Eltham based online business that makes handmade baby mobiles and cushions.  I have always had an immense love of unique, hand made crafts. There is nothing better than a beautiful hand made item.

Over the past 7 years, I have worked in fashion and became the mother of Charlotte - my beautiful little daughter - almost 2 years ago.

I found it really challenging to find gorgeous mobiles, so with my background in sewing and design, I started to put together a few items. Soon enough my family and friends were encouraging me to take my love of beautiful, handmade things a step further.
 

Best thing(s) about living/working in Melbourne's north-east:
Eltham is well known for its history of art and it is lovely to be in such an inspiring, green and leafy place

The north-east of Melbourne has numerous wonderful family friendly areas like Eltham North Adventure Park and Edendale Farm that we love to visit.
 

For more information: 
Website: www.joliepetitechose.com.au
Email: Jodie@joliepetitechose.com.au 
You can also see what I'm working on Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment